About the agency
Borkowski was founded by industry stalwart, Mark Borkowski. He is famed particularly for his publicity stunts, including gift-wrapping a helicopter for Harrods, planting a whole field of Cabbage Patch Kids for Hasbro and commissioning the world’s first chocolate billboard for Thorntons.
Born in show business and now also working across consumer, arts and corporate, Borkowski delivers some of the most impactful campaigns around. One of their latest wins comes from their work with Petsure, the pet insurance agency, which specifically provides insurance for pets with pre-existing conditions. In response to this, Borkowski manifested the ‘The Petsure Games’, a paralympic games for pets: certainly the cutest campaign of the year. This deservedly went on to be shortlisted for a 2022 PR Moment Award.
If entertainment is the game, Borkowski is the first player to be called up. They have worked on rejuvenating events like Download Festival and for fans of Dennis the Menace, they shone a spotlight on childhood favourites, The Beano. But it’s not all just about brands and show business, as Borkowski also uses their expertise for campaigns with distinct social impact – from aiming to make the internet safer for children, to maximising the impact of fundraising campaigns for refugees worldwide.
Perks and Benefits
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Free tickets to client events, West End shows and festivals
- Regular socials
- Budget for ‘wining and dining’ journalists and media meets
- Company credit card access after 6 months (probationary period)
- They offer an introductory bonus of 10% on new business that is brought in
About the Job:
- Social Media: This is a hands-on role. You’ll be central to Borkowski’s daily comms, running all official Borkowski Social Media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and their client accounts too.
- Relationships: Building and maintaining relationships with employees, clients and audience on all levels is essential to this role. They’re a friendly bunch, so it won’t be hard.
- Collaboration: You’ll work alongside the current Strategy and Digital team in managing the website and growing the readership of Borkowski weekly Media Trends.
- Support: Help upskill colleagues by sharing industry insights, trends and training – and always be the go-to to offer advice and counsel.
- Update: Bring a fresh perspective to Borkowski’s content, reinventing their existing content and ideas; whilst preserving Borkowski’s tone of voice.
- New business: As you monitor social channels, you will pass on opportunities to relevant team members and look out for potential speaker opportunities.
- Future: The new Borkowski Social Media Manager should have an understanding of the PR and Communications industry and with an appetite to learn more.
- Experience: Have at least 3-5 years of experience as a Creative Content/Social Media Manager or similar. A big dog in the world of social media.
- Writing: You need to be a strong content writer and be able to tell stories. Weave tales surrounding the agency’s quirky campaigns. Mark Borkowski and the crew with their publicity stunts have a wonderful mine of stories waiting to be told.
- Social Media: Be the digital voice of Borkowski; get your social media hat on and show off your understanding of trends and interact with influencers.
- Tech: You will have solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, HTML and web publishing, as well as knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Awareness: Stay informed on the news agenda and relevant topics; Borkowski are a great bunch to chew the fat with about the news.
- Stats: Be able to measure and understand the results of social campaigns (using platforms such as Meltwater/Signal/Influencer Intelligence).
- Straight-talking: Borkowski are no drama, open and honest. They get straight to the heart of the matter and value everyone’s creative thinking.