Latte is a PR & Comms recruitment agency that places proper PR talent into London’s most creative and strategic PR jobs. We make sure the human stays in human resourcing by sticking it to the hard sell and allowing PR people to make decisions based on cracking insight and totally relevant information.
We recently turned three and have had a brilliant year of growth resulting in us needing to hire our fourth team member. You’ll be helping us with our mission of providing PR recruitment and career advice, with absolutely no BS.
We’re nothing like you’ve heard or probably experienced with other recruiters. We don’t have KPI’s, we’re not salesy and we don’t do fist pumps in the air when we help someone find a job.
We work at pace and are restless when it comes to providing a stand out service. But, we make sure people aren’t exhausted and balance this with a flexible work culture. So, when the sun is shining you might see one of our team members sitting out the front of a café working from their laptop or avoiding the peak hour rush and working from home for the morning.
Your career development is top of mind at Latte and you can progress as quickly as your efforts allow.
- Unlimited holidays
- Complete flexible working
- Regular team socials (cocktails, pub trips, new restaurant visits) all expenses paid.
Your base salary will be £19,000 + a brilliant commission structure that should see your first year take home salary reach a minimum of £25,000.
In your second year at Latte, you’ll move out of a supporting recruitment role and into a full Recruitment Consultant position. Your base will increase and your on-target earnings for the year will be between £35,000 – £40,000
About the job
This is a pivotal role that will support our recruiters in attracting talent for some of the best PR jobs in London. Training will be provided in every aspect of the role. In a typical week you will:
- Spend time head hunting candidates for specific job opportunities. This includes what is often a lengthy follow up process, chasing and providing advice.
- Craft compelling job adverts (just like this one) and handling incoming job applicants / phone calls. Your key requirement here is to assess suitable applicants for the role and if they match client requirements, you’ll then book them in for an interview with Latte.
- You’ll be out on meetings / interviews on a weekly basis. Interviewing candidates, and showing our consultants on client meetings to gain a better understanding of their hiring needs.
- You’ll also keep Latte’s database up to date with key information – such as conversations with candidates, what roles they are interested in, interview profiles and where their CV has been sent to.
- To get a better sense of the work we do, check out our about us page and click on the “how we work button”.
Recruitment experience isn’t requirement for this role. However, we are looking for some key base skill sets:
- Strong writing abilities: You’ll be writing head hunt messages, job adverts and utilising your strong writing abilities to consult with candidates via email.
- Creativity: We’ll train you how to write job adverts and other key content. You’ll need to have a creative flair to make sure these are interesting and grab people’s attention.
- Emotional Intelligence: In recruitment, it’s often not what is being said that’s important but rather what isn’t being said. You’ll be able to read body language and pick and choose information you provide candidates to ensure you’re giving them insight they are most interested in. This skill set is necessary to also identify when someone isn’t the right culture fit for your client or vice versa.
- Strong work ethic: Recruitment isn’t for the faint hearted. It requires focus and determination and the ability to celebrate the high moments and push through the tough times. Your work ethic and desire to learn is what will earn you a great salary.
- Thirst for knowledge: To do well at Latte, you need to be like a sponge. You’ll be someone that wants to absorb knowledge – everything from how to manage your time, how to consult better to following the news agenda in the PR industry. You’ll be someone that can listen to conversations and lock away important information to build your knowledge of the industry.